Sunday, April 15, 2007

Apparently you can now blog in hindi, well bugger me. What's next, French?

Alright, mermaidgrrl you got your blog. So there's one less of us in the phone book now. Not that there were that many to begin with.

Have been thinking about all this stuff this weekend. I am going to enter the competition to programme rage, it may be the closest i ever get to being a rockstar! I can picture myself sitting on that couch, would think it'd be a tad sticky after all these years, explaining why I am playing "Sexuality" by Billy Bragg or "Close to Me" by Mr Bacharach. Got me thinking about all that great music introduced to me by some of the best mates I never make an effort with. Seagreen brought me the joys of Morrissey and Aunty B Sonic Youth. One of Aunty B's boyfriends introduced Ash one drunken, hair dying night. Merry Risa, I think, gave me the Housemartins but we shan't broadcast that. Another friend gave me the Stone Roses, the clap dancing I figured out for myself. What happened to the girl from high school where we would skip geography and buy a copy of NME and soak it all in. Then go to the pub.....
I am not dying, not that I know anyway, but I do miss all of my absent friends and I know I'm shit at calling, emailing, texting, telegram etc but I hope no-one takes it personally. My greater hope is that you all still care.

Renno's are back on the agenda at Casa Cheese. We now have a laundry door, thanks to some good advise from Little Mister. So much fucking dust. Dust mask did nothing, would have been better having a cigarette whilst cutting the bricks, may have filtered the air better. Miss Ivy spent the Easter long weekend in the garden whilst I made lots of noise and dust, looks fab.

Our neighbour has put his house on the market being a 2 story the potential new owners look straight into our post apocalyptic backyard. We are storing a termite mound for the in laws as well as all of the usual mid renno crap that accumulates, off cuts, the old sink, bricks etc. I was too embarrassed to go into sight. I would have felt compelled to explain all of the mess.

4 comments:

Mermaidgrrrl said...

Of course we still care you dolt! And we've been very impressed with the regularity of your phone calls at this end lately :-)

I think you should make more of the apocolyptic style. You should install a thunderdome and Miss Ivy can get out there in some chain mail and giant earrings a la Tina.

BSharp said...

You can enter. But I'm going to win.

meririsa said...

I don't remember introducing you to the Housemartins, but we do have their best-of (and I'm not ashamed)... Could partially explain where you got your 90's cardigan habit from?

Michael said...

cardigans are back apparently. As fas as i know they never went anywhere. Talk of making an official cardi thursday was had at a bit of a sloshy work do......