Wednesday, August 29, 2007

i tunes, you tunes

Having relented to buying music from itunes (due to a gruelling work schedule that means getting to work in the dark, spending most of the day in the dark and leaving in the dark leaving little time for those fun flicks through the record shop, then the not so fun paying for it when you realise just how much stuff costs these days) it's kinda fun. There are so many albums that you could never find anywhere and couldn't be bothered looking for! I have felt a bit of a longing for new exciting music lately, it's been almost a year since the last You Am I album, the Long Blondes were a short affair with that new New York kind of sound ( I don't think they are from New York, are they?) and I can't see the Stone Roses releasing anything new anytime soon. Even Aus Idol isn't filling the void.
I do feel funny not having anything to show for my 17 bucks other than another name on my ipod list, there's something comforting about getting home with a new album and reading the liner notes (except in the case of Jarvis Cocker), feeling the weight and quality of the paper and looking at all the pretty pictures. It's the way of the future the kids say.

qld Odyssey

Miss Ivy managed to wheel me on a flaming tube of death and we set sail for sunny Qld for Seth's christening ( I just had to ask her if I had already told you all this but she said no). There was some experimenting with drugs in the lead up week, that's when the fear sets in, to work out how much sedative is enough to keep me from running up the aisle yelling about all of us going to die but not too much so I can walk on the plane myself and no go all Hasselhoff.
All that aside it was an ace weekend, from Mermaidma discussing whether mortal sin is still relevant to the church to a bit of a morning cuddle with the little bloke. He is the cutest little thing and all the girls at work say so. I think our Seth has a career on Neighbours or at least as a catalogue model if he retains his cheeky looks.

nsw Odyssey

I'm off to Sydney on Sunday arvo for a work thing on Monday, I was hoping to have some time to catch up with absent friends and do some guitar shopping on Paramatta Road but no the Germans seem to find humour in booking flights at stupid times. I don't get in until late Sunday night, do my stuff on Monday, go out for hopefully sloshy work dinner on Monday night then go back to work on Tuesday. Friggen Germans. And I have to get on another plane, the humanity.

Sloshy

On the topic of sloshy Miss Ivy has discovered the joy of Friday after work drinks (bless her) . The after work drinks makes the weekend go longer. Miss Ivy has also discovered the joys of drinks. Not so much as me but she's known to get a little rowdy in her own way. No one can believe that a Polish Catholic doesn't drink like a fish but she's the exception. With some training I'm sure the community will accept her. We have been the most social we have ever been between the after work drinks, dinners and breakfasts lately. We are even going out on a school night tomorrow, Friday might be a slow start!

2 comments:

BSharp said...

Did ya win???

If you're going to Germany, then a trip to Amsterdam is compulsory. Its in the EU regulations.

Anonymous said...

how much water has gone under the bridge since you wrote this?
Must be time for an update