Wednesday, May 09, 2007

ok, this desk thing is getting out of hand. I had a report to vet today and had to do it on my laptop. Not computing style but old school, pencil and ruler. As a consequence my laptop was covered in pencil because i would go out of the lines. My entire work area has been reduced to the side of a Vaio!

Plan is to "unemploy" a not so productive staff member tomorrow. Then I can put Driftchick ("my" PA, not really but she answers my phone, she is into that abusurd kind of car racing) into his job, giving her a chance for career advancement and I get a desk, at last. May also slow down the myspacing. I think that will make us the only car place with a fully female front line. Yay for womens suffrage and all that stuff. Tinkerbell is excited by all this but feels bad for the one who is getting the arse. I also feel bad but I shouldn't. If you don't perform at work your employer shouldn't be obliged to keep paying you for substandard work and general insolence. Especially when I could be getting paid more. We have 2 cats and a turtle to feed dammit.

Miss Ivy is being courted for a career change but not too keen on it. So far there have been 2 job offers. One working in a pub which had my unwavering support. The pub supplies a tab for employees, as Miss Ivy doesn't really drink I would be forced to use it. As I am learning, if you don't use your budget the powers reduce it. The other is for an accessory company, meaning lots of lots of funky bags and earrings. Not so good for me but according to some I'm not the centre of the universe.

No comments: