Friday, May 11, 2007

Fully Sick!

I have a staff member who is always sick. I mean always. She gets every disease, sniffle or malady going. And moans continuously about it. I am fond of a whinge, sick or not sick, but i like to think I inject some humour into it. Whenever a cold strikes I make sure my affairs are in order and spend quality time with the cats just in case I don't pull through. Miss Ivy tires of that quickly but puts a brave face on it, I'm sure deep down she knows that men can actually die from the common cold.

I have another staff member who is totally incompetent, I shall call him Dave, as that is his name. Dave just doesn't keep up. He has those "you remind me of a man..." kind of conversations with clients which Driftgirl, Tinkerbell and Sniffles find hilarious. We did spend the afternoon listening to Hilary Duff and doing some myspacing. I'm a good boss! Until I realised I had 2 deadlines and hadn't done any of the work I was supposed to do. Did a half arsed job and sent my stuff through late. I'm sure the boffins at the German car makers will let me know if there's a problem

Miss Ivy and I have a huge weekend coming up. 2, count em 2, yep 2, social events tomorrow. This is almost unheard of, especially as 30 looms. Like Aunty B pointed out I will soon be turning into a punkin at 12am.
Event 1 is a wedding, on the end of a shotgun. Apparently last minute and not full reception. Cool! Especially since some of the work I was supposed to do this afternoon was for one of Miss Ivys friend who will be present. No chance of getting stuck at next to her at the reception.
Event 2 will no doubt end up with me swearing off drinking forever. One of my friends is moving to Dubai for a bit and it's her going away drinks.

Stay tuned for a Sunday "i'll never drink again" post!

1 comment:

J said...

If the german car peeps don't like your relaxed relationship with deadlines, just don't let them be friends on your myspace. huh, take that.
How's the desk sitch?